Spicy Chinese Chicken Wings recipe is a very simple and easy chinese recipe, especially for beginners learning how to cook. I found this chicken wings recipe on one Chinese food website the other day, and decided to share it with you all. I changed the recipe slightly to my own taste. This is the first recipe I am posting after a very long time of absence from MijoRecipes. I hope you can all forgive me for that! I promise to try my best to post more recipes in this new year 2013. In the meantime, enjoy this chinese chicken wings recipe! By the way, I would totally recomment this asian chicken recipe for dinner!
Spicy Chinese Chicken Wings
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook time:15 minutes
- 15 chicken wings
- 1 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp cooking wine
- 2 tbsps tomato ketchup
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1cm ginger, chopped
- 3 red chillies, chopped
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- Make 2 slits on each chicken wing (front and back).
- Marinate the chicken wings with the oyster sauce, soy sauce (light+dark) and cooking wine. Leave for 5-10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the chicken wings until golden brown on both sides. Remove and keep. Keep the marination mixture left in the bowl.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the chopped garlic, ginger. Fry until fragrant.
- Add the chopped red chillies and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato ketchup and mix.
- Add the left-over marination mixture and mix.
- Add the chicken wings, add the white sugar on top and mix well. Let cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Remove and serve!