Korean Kimchi Cold Noodles, known as 泡菜凉拌面 (paocai liangban mian) in Chinese, is one of my favorite korean recipes. It is very easy to make and is the perfect recipe on a hot summer day! I had been looking for a quick and easy summer recipe to share with you all, and I thought why not post this kimchi cold noodles recipe. I should probably excuse myself (again!) for my lack of recipe posting last month. Managing student life and food blogging at the same time sure is not as easy as it seems! However, I still LOVE food blogging and even though, I might not be posting every single week, I will try my best to come up with interesting recipes you will all enjoy!
1. I used the dried egg noodles, but you can use any kind of noodles you like. I even tried once with spaghetti, and it turned out pretty tasty.
2. I bought my kimchi in a packet. There is some kimchi liquid in the packet, don’t throw it away! Use some of it for the sauce.
3. I boiled only 1 egg, but feel free to boil as many as you want to eat.
Korean Kimchi Cold Noodles recipe
3-4 dried egg noodles
1 medium green cucumber
1 egg, boiled and cut in quarters
150g korean kimchi, roughly chopped
For the sauce:
1 tbsp korean hot pepper paste
2 tbsps kimchi liquid
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
1. Bring water with salt to a boil. When water starts to boil, add the noodles and cook as indicated in the packet.
2. Drain the noodles under cold water. Keep.
3. Cut the cucumber in thin slices, as shown in the picture.
4. Mix all the ingredients for the sauce together.
5. Add the mixture to the cooked noodles and mix.
6. Add some noodles in a bowl, add soome chopped kimchi, cucumber and quarter egg on top.
7. Enjoy your easy Kimchi cold noodles!