This Indian vegetarian recipe is really simple to make. Personally, I love recipes that are quick and easy because frankly, who has the time to cook elaborate recipes that take a long time to cook?,Well, unless you DO have lots of free time, then you might want to skip this recipe. But for those of you, who do not want to waste your time in the kitchen but still want to eat a healthy dish, then this recipe is definitely for you!
- I added red chilli, but you can omit it if you are having some stomach problems.
- Cabbage and cumin seeds are known to help digestion, making this recipe perfect for your stomach!
Easy Indian Cabbage Subzi recipe
1 medium cabbage, cut into thin strips
1 medium carrot, peeled and grated
1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
1 red chilli (optional)
1 tsp cumin seeds
1. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add the cumin seeds and when they start to crackle, add your onions. Fry until translucent or soft.
2. Add red chilli (optional), cabbage and sprinkle 1/4 tsp salt over it. Mix and let cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Water should come out.
3. Cook the cabbage until most of the water has evaporated. Add the grated carrot, mix and cook until mostly dry. Check for salt.