One AWESOME and SIMPLE dessert recipe is that of Creme Caramel, or flan or cream caramel. One very important ingredient in creme caramel is……yes!you guessed right!CARAMEL. Now, making caramel can be a tricky thing, especially if you are new to cooking.
Creme Caramel Recipe
500 ml warm milk
100 grms sugar
1 tbsp vanilla essence
3 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp water
1. Put the sugar+ water+lemon juice in a 18 cms cake mould.
2. Cook on medium heat until the sugar has melted, careful not to burn the sugar.
3. Put aside to harden the caramel.
4. Beat the eggs + sugar+ essence.
5. Put the pinch salt in warm milk.
6. Add warm milk to eggs mixture , beat well.
7. Sieve the mixture twice, then pour it in the caramel mould.
8. Place mould in hot steamer.
9. Cook slowly for 45 minutes – allow to cool then put in the fridge.
10. Put a plate on top of the mould, then turn upside and remove the mould to have the creme caramel up.
11. Decorate the creme with a chantilly creme – any fruits of your choice and some splits of chocolates. Remember to wash and well drain the fruits before putting on the chantilly creme.
Chantilly creme : you can get chantilly in sprays in any supermarket.
Tips: Test your creme with the back of a wet spoon.If it comes out clean then it is done.