I am so sorry I haven’t posted any new recipe lately! I’ve been quite busy with a few things lately, but to compensatefor the long absence, here is a very delicious and spicy beef curry recipe. This is actually another guest post by Rajib, my Bangladeshi friend. Following the success of his Bangladeshi fish curry recipe, he decided to share another Bangladeshi food recipe with us, that is, Spicy Beef Curry.
Bengali recipes are one of the tastiest, spiciest and most flavorful in the world. Today, I want to share a very simple
bengali recipe with beef. Beef takes more time to cook than chicken or fish, so patience is needed for a very delicious beef curry! Topping the curry with some fried onions at last brings an exquisite taste to the dish.
Spicy Beef Curry Recipe
500g beef, cut in medium cubes
1/2 onion, sliced
4-5 red chillies (depends on how spicy you like)
4-5 cloves of garlic, chopped or sliced
1/2 inch ginger, chopped finely
2 medium potatoes, cut in cubes
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1. Fry the onions, until translucent.
2. Add the red chilies, ginger and garlic and fry for 30s.
3. Add turmeric powder, garam masala and fry until the raw smell goes away.
4. Add the beef and cook for about 20-25 minutes. Water should come out.
5. Add hot water, cover and cook for a further 10-15 minutes or more, depending on soft you want the beef to be.
6. Add the potatoes, cover and cook for 5-10 minutes or until the potatoes become tender.
7. Serve with some fried onions on top.